CRA Direct Deposit Enrolment
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) wants to make it easier for Canadians to sign up for its direct deposit service or change their existing account information by creating an enrolment process that can be accessed through financial institutions.
We can now offer this enrolment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrolment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking or mobile app. You will then be able to receive the following CRA payments through direct deposit: the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit, income tax refund, Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit and related provincial and territorial payments.
How to Register for Direct Deposit:
- Log into online banking at www.stoughtoncu.com*
- In the left hand menu, select Account Services
- In the submenu, select Set Up CRA Direct Deposit
- Read the Payment Information and click Next
- Select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into
- Enter your Social Insurance Number and/or Birthdate, if requested
- Check off your authorization to let Stoughton CU to share your banking information with the CRA for the purpose of establishing or changing direct deposit.
- Read Privacy statement (optional)
- Click Next
- Review the information
- Click Submit
*The CRA Direct Deposit Form is only available through our Full Website and not through Mobile Web or the Mobile app.
Fraud prevention: The CRA or Conexus Credit Union will never send you an email, text or Interac e-Transfer ® to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided. If you submit multiple requests to update your direct deposit information, the most recent enrolment you complete will become the account on file with the CRA. Direct deposits will only be made into one account, at one financial institution.